I can hardly sew up any garment without some form of embellishment, including my favorite A-line skirt! THE Dream Machine has a built-in embroidery design center called My Design Center, that is great for creating your own unique embroidery designs. You will be amazed at the possibilities! Let’s get started.
THE Dream Machine® Innov-ís XV8500D/THE Dream Machine® 2 Innov-ís XV8550D
- My Design Center
MATERIALS & SUPPLIES:
- 2 different fabrics – one for the outer fabric and one for the under fabric
- Embroidery thread
- Sharp scissors
I will be using my skirt pattern for this project, but you can use any pattern. This would also be a great embellishment for pillows, bags, and other home dec accessories!
- Cut each pattern pieces out of both the outer and under fabrics.
- Mark the placement for the embellishing with a fabric marking pen or tailors chalk (I shown the marked side with a finished side so you can get a better idea of what to mark).
- Hoop both layers of fabric. Note that my fabric is a medium-weight cotton-linen blend, so I don’t need to use any embroidery stabilizer. If your fabric is lightweight or has a stretch, use an embroidery stabilizer such as a medium weight, fusible cut-away.
Here is the stabilizer I would use: SA5931 Stabilizer Roll, medium weight, fusible cut-away
- Open My Design Center.
- Click on the SHAPE icon. Choose the CIRCLE icon.
- The circle shows up on the screen, but it’s quite large. At least for my skirt design.