I was playing around with metallic thread and satin fabric and ended up with a fabulous mat to hold my jewelry! I could think of other uses for this as well, not to mention it would make an awesome gift! You can make the mat any size you like, but I am going to stick with what will fit into a 5” by 7” embroidery frame.
- 2 pieces of satin fabric cut 10″ by 8” or cut for whatever hoop size you choose to use
- 7” by 5” hoop
- 1 piece of thin batting cut the same size as the satin fabric
- Brother Metallic thread
- Bobbin thread to match the fabric color
- 1 yard of decorative fringe
- Universal sewing thread
- Quilters ruler
- Rotary cutter and mat
- 1” seam binding (double folded bias tape will work too)
- With the right side of the fabric facing out and batting in between the satin layers, hoop all three pieces.
- Click on Embroidery and thread the machine with Brother metallic thread.
- Go into the My Design Center and click on the SHAPE icon.
- Click on the HOOP icon.
- Choose the 7” X 5” hoop size (of course you can make your mat as large or small as you want, so feel free to choose a different size