New House Greeting Card
Hey! Can you recognize what shape I created for the focal point? It’s a keyhole! Yes, I literally made a keyhole garden card. While making this card, I imagined the moment when I would unlock the front door of our first house in US. Of course, there would be a beautiful garden or yard in my future house. Hope it will happen to us in the near future.
I stamped the flowers using the Doodlie-do stamp set from Papertry Ink and colored them with Copic markers. Then I created my own sentiment using Harold’s ABC’s stamp set from Lawn Fawn. To add some sparkle to my flowers, I used Wink of Stella glitter marker for the first time. Unfortunately, my camera failed to catch it. But it looks gorgeous in real life.
Mandalas are as old as history itself and mean “sacred circle” in Sanskrit. In various ancient and spiritual cultures including Buddhists, Tibetans, Hindus and North American Indians, the mandala has been used as a form of meditation, in sacred rites to aid in healing and to invoke spiritual energy. Mandalas have often represented life, nature, creation, wellness and the universe.
Here is how I created my card.
- 1)Die cut the circle out of a piece of kraft card stock.
- 2)Cut the trapezium to shape the keyhole using ruler and knife. I drew the guideline with pencil before cutting.
- 3)Stamp the flower images in black.
- 4)Color the images with Copics and add some simmer using glitter marker.
- 5)Draw the dashed lines along the keyhole using black marker and stamp the sentiment in black.
- 6)Adhere the front panel onto the colored card base using dimensional adhesive.
That’s all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!
More info >> Markurlife's Blog
Markurlife focus on developing label tapes and have launched 600 different kinds of label tapes to date which include the colors and sizes.
There are varieties of label tapes which compatible with Brother, DYMO, Casio and Epson label makers.
Welcome to our web—http://bit.ly/2N4cm7b